Waging Peace Darfuri children's drawings
- Permanent Link:
- Waging Peace Darfuri children's drawings
- Alternate title:
- Darfuri children's drawings
- Waging Peace (Organization)
University of South Florida -- Libraries
- Place of Publication:
- Waging Peace
University of South Florida Libraries
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Genocide -- Pictorial works -- Sudan -- Darfur ( lcsh )
Ethnic conflict -- Pictorial works -- Sudan -- Darfur ( lcsh )
Refugees -- Pictorial works ( lcsh )
Refugee camps -- Pictorial works -- Chad ( lcsh )
History -- Pictorial works -- Sudan -- Darfur Conflict, 2003- ( lcsh )
- Drawings (Visual works). ( aat )
picture ( marcgt )
Drawings (Visual works) ( aat )
- A collection of 500 drawings made by Darfuri children living in a refugee camp in Eastern Chad during the Darfur conflict in Sudan. In 2007, Waging Peace representatives gave paper, crayons, and pencils to children aged 6 to 18 in the refugee camp and asked them to draw their memories of the war and their hopes for the future. Most drawings depict what the children saw when their villages and home were attacked and destroyed by militia groups. In November 2007, the drawings were taken to the International Criminal Court in the Hague and were accepted by the court as contextual evidence of the crimes committed in Darfur by the goverenment of Sudan and the Janjaweed militia group.
- General Note:
- Title from home page (viewed May 6, 2011).
- General Note:
- Electronic access provided by the University of South Florida Libraries.
- Holding Location:
- Original drawings held at the Waging Peace London office.
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- 027789704 ( ALEPH )
720642328 ( OCLC )
DARFURIDRAWINGS ( USFLDC AGGCODE )
No images are available for this item.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.